Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back from the Dead: Levon Helm

Hello internetz. I am back. My dear friend has introduced me to an album that I think you will enjoy. Do you remember The Band? As in Bob Dylan's backup band on the Basement Tapes and the songs "Up on Cripple Creek" and "The Weight"? See below for a refresher:



See the singer/ drummer? That god in human form, is none other than Levon Helm. These days, The Band has dis-banded (ha) and Levon is working on solo projects.

The Dirt Farmer is one of those projects. And let me tell you. This is one of those life changing, eye-opening, summertime-inducing albums. But you should give it a listen for yourself and experience the magic yourself.



But really what you should do is actually go out and buy this album. This one song does not do it justice.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if this blog would ever come back to life .. glad you like the album!

    ReplyDelete