Monday, April 16, 2012

When smoke starts billowing from the dishwasher..

You know its a bad sign. Not that I don't mind returning to the wash-yur-own dishes days. That was childhood. But it is just such a good metaphor for life these days. As the month races away, I'm left running around trying to pick up the thousand loose ends while everything is self-destructing. Sigh. But there are few neat things that have happened.

Like this amazing front page Washington Post story about my guerilla gardening class and food justice justice projects in the city. Well written and researched, it was a relief to not sound foolish in another newspaper article!

How about this incredibly thoughtful piece in the newest Atlantic about loneliness and Facebook? Which I could also see connections to the larger internet, including the blogosphere. It can sometimes be just another narcissistic way to carefully curate your image and put more distance (both real and digital) between you and others. I have to be careful about the amount of time I spend ogling other people's seemingly pretty and perfect lives and remind myself that it is only a small portion of their reality. And the voyeurism thing is what turned my off about Facebook in general, so that is also something I am overly conscious of.

Anyways, that is all. I shall leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment